Download our new updated brochure. Read about the Spring awning season, replacement, cleaning, storage, and more. Also updated with important dates for 2013.
The following services are available to our customers. It is our policy to only service those awnings that we have made. Exceptions may be made on an individual basis dependent upon the job’s size, age, location, and manufacturer.
SPRING AWNING SEASON
Installation will begin mid to late March or early April and continue through mid June. We will make every effort to have your awnings installed by Father’s Day.
If your awnings are stored at your home, you MUST call to schedule for installation. If your awnings are stored at Kaplan’s, your awnings will be installed automatically. All special requests require a phone call and a minimum 4 weeks notice.
A PHONE CALL IS REQUIRED IF:
1, March or April is too early. Note: If our men have started installing your awnings, and you ask them to stop because you feel it is too early, you may be charged for a service call.
2. Work is being done on your property and awning installation would be inconvenient.
3. You are having a Party or Special Event*
We do not accept installation requests for a specific day, week or 2-week period. We will only accept requests by month. Ex. If you want your awnings up by the middle of May, request an April installation.
If you have moved or no longer own the property, please contact our office immediately.
FALL AWNING SEASON
WE WILL NOT AUTOMATICALLY REMOVE ANY AWNINGS. YOU MUST CALL TO HAVE YOUR AWNINGS REMOVED.
• WEATHER PERMITTING… Removal will begin UPON REQUEST and will continue until servicing is complete.
• If you need to have your awnings taken down by a certain date, a minimum 3 weeks notice is required specifying the date.
• We will only take down awnings when they are dry – otherwise they may become moldy if stored wet. Our schedule may change due to Mother Nature.
• We do try, over the winter, to do any necessary repairs to the awnings we service. We will contact the customer for authorization if there will be a charge
SERVICE FEES FOR SPRING AND FALL SEASONS ARE NOT SET PRICES AND ARE BASED ON WORK TIME, TRAVEL TIME, LABOR AND ANY HARDWARE AND ADDITIONAL PARTS REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THE JOB.
1. Spring and Fall Service are billed separately.
2. We accept cash, checks and all major credit cards. Payment may also be made online through our website.
3. PAYMENT TERMS ARE NET 10 DAYS. Accounts over 60 days will be placed for collection. Any future service will require prepayment.
4. Interest of 1.5% (18% per year) will be charged on accounts 30 days past due.
5. Checks returned by our bank for any reason are subject to a $50 fee.
Your awnings will not be serviced until the previous balance has been paid in full.
We, at Kaplan’s, appreciate your
patronage and hope to continue
serving your awning needs.
The fabric on most awnings can be replaced. If you are interested in getting a quote, please contact our office.
If you are interested in having your
acrylic fabric awning sent out to be
professionally cleaned and waterproofed, please call our office for an estimate. Canvas (Cotton based) awnings cannot be professionally cleaned and waterproofed.
Your awnings can be stored at your home or at our facility. We are required to carry insurance on all awnings stored at our facility. If we store your awnings, an insurance charge, commonly referred to as a storage fee, will be added to your Fall service invoice.
Kaplan’s is not responsible for any incidental damages which may occur as a result of inclement weather, vandalism or act of nature, once your awnings have been installed. This is covered through your homeowner’s insurance. Any other claims must be reported to our office within 48 hours of the installation/service call..
*PARTIES & SPECIAL EVENTS
If you are having a party or special event and need your awning(s) installed for the affair, please call us as soon as possible and indicate the date of the function and tell us you need to be placed on the
A minimum 4 weeks notice is required.
Last minute requests may be assessed a surcharge.
2013 *Important Dates*
Easter March 31
Mother’s Day May 12
Memorial Day May 27
Father’s Day June 16
Labor Day Sept. 2
Thanksgiving Nov. 28
While we cannot guarantee all requests, we will do our best to honor as many as possible.
Kaplan’s reserves the right to discontinue any customer’s awning service when circumstances warrant such action being necessary. The customer will be notified in writing when this decision is made.